Norwich Feeds Our Own
Norwich Inter-faith Council
Human Service Organization (HSO) of Morrisville College, Norwich Campus
The Norwich Inter-faith Council and HSO, with the support of local businesses, are joining together as a community to gather non-perishable food for those in need in April. Food and monetary donations will be divided between Our Daily Bread Food Pantry and Roots and Wings. You can participate in several ways.
Throughout the month:
1. Money donations will be accepted and sent to Our Daily Bread. Checks should be made out to Our Daily Bread with Norwich Feeds Our Own in the information line. Checks can be sent to Emmanuel Episcopal Church 37 W. Main Street, PO Box 203 13815. At the end of the campaign the funds will be divided with Roots and Wings.
2. Churches are asked to have a three-week food collection. Bring the food collected by your congregation to First Baptist Church, West Park, Norwich on Saturday April 19.
3. Boxes to drop off food will be located at Matthews Ford, Commerce Chenango and United Way.
April 11 & 13
HSO is asking for Church and Community volunteers to help in distributing and collecting food. Contact Pastor Tom Olson, HSO Community Liason at <firstname.lastname@example.org> or 621-3072 if you can help.
1. April 11 – 10:00 a.m. – HSO will meet to prepare bags for distribution by stapling instructions to the bags.
2. April 11 – approximately at 12:00 Noon – We will distribute bags around Norwich and possibly the surrounding area.
3. Sunday April 13 – 12:00 Noon – We will gather to collect the donations left on the doorsteps.
April 19 – Easter Egg Hunt — 10 a.m.1.
The Business Improvement District (BID) will ask, not require, those who attend the Easter Egg Hunt and Free Movie to bring food donations.
2. We will collect food donations in front of First Baptist Church.
April 19 – Faith Walk — 11 a.m.
The Inter-Faith Council will walk around the community giving thanks for the generosity of our people.
April 21 – Weigh-in.