Music Ministry Associate
(beginning August 1, 2022)
We are seeking a talented musician to enrich the worship experience and support the music ministries of our church.
piano or organ skills, willingness to perform special music, participation in church music ministries including community outreach.
Description of the responsibilities and duties:
- Provide substitute organist/pianist/choir director coverage for Sunday worship and choir rehearsal. Will play monthly services at Chenango Valley Home when needed as part of a rotation with other music staff.
- provide instrumental or vocal solos during worship
- provide organizational leadership for various music events sponsored by the church (special outreach programs, seminars, multi-cultural celebrations)
- participate in and provide support for church music ministries (sing in the choir, play in the bell choir, record vocal parts for virtual choir anthems)
- Other things to be developed based on an individual candidate’s skill set (composing, developing children’s choir, hosting drum circle, etc.)
- $3000 per year
- $1000 per year (available in January 2022) to be used for continuing education
(click here for a .pdf copy of the job description)